Best Organic Latex Mattresses to Buy Online in 2019
Getting a good night’s sleep is one of the most important things that go into maintaining good health. And one of the very key elements affecting the quality of your sleep is the quality of your mattress. The difference in the quality of sleep you get from an average mattress and a great mattress is night and day.
Having an organic latex mattress is one of the best decisions you could make when it comes to improving the standard of your sleep. As a sleep surface, you won’t get any better than natural latex. It is soft, supportive, and adapts to you rather than the other way around. It provides a great cushion for your spine and your pressure points.
In addition to this, organic latex is dust mite, mildew, and mold resistant. So if you have allergies and want to be relieved of them so that you can get a great night’s sleep, this is definitely for you.
Best Organic Latex Mattresses: 2019 Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Material||Rating||Price|
|Plush Beds Botanical Bliss Mattress||Talalay latex||4.3/5||View on Plushbeds|
|DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams||Talalay latex||3.9/5||Out of stock|
|Sleep on Latex Pure Green||100% Natural latex||4.3/5||$795.00|
|Latex for Less||Natural Latex/Natural Wool/Organic Cotton||4.0/5||$910.85|
|Eco Terra Mattress||Natural latex||3.6/5||$884.17|
Number 1 Recommendation: Zenhaven by Saatva
Dimensions: Customizable | Thickness: 10 inches | Material: American Talalay Latex | Warranty: 20 years
- Each of the cores is made up of 100% latex.
- High-quality material.
- Great for spine alignment.
- Eighty percent of customers rate it as “luxury plush” on the on the comfort scale.
- Impressive but could be even higher.
Runner Up: PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress
PlushBeds 100% Natural Latex Mattresses (9″, 10″ and 12″ Botanical Bliss and 6″, 8″ and 10″ Natural Bliss) are hand crafted in the US; customized for each buyer; and GOLS, GOTS, Oeko-Tex and GreenGuard Gold Certified.
This great mattress is also made of similarly high-quality Talalay latex. It is hypo-allergenic, meaning its material will naturally repel the dust mites and other tiny things that will trigger allergy symptoms.
It also does an amazing job of regulating temperature, and its 100% New Zealand Wool is also said to be a very effective fire barrier.
- Exceptional quality Talalay latex.
- Hypoallergenic so will relieve allergy symptoms.
- Risk-free guarantee, you can return within 30 nights if you are unhappy.
- A little on the pricey side at $2000 for a queen bed.
Dream Foam Ultimate Dreams
Dimensions: 79 x 60 x 10 inches | Weight: 74 pounds | Material: Talalay | Warranty: 10 years (read more here)
This dream foam mattress makes use of a high-density foam base to create a firm but very responsive, comforting and reliable mattress. One of its strong points is its durability, you can use it for years and it will still be performing just like it did the day you first bought it.
Its longevity definitely helps and when you combine that with its lower than usual price, it certainly looks like a great deal.
- High-density base foam means it is extra comfortable to sleep on.
- High-quality Talalay latex. Cheap price, coming in at only $600 for a queen size with free shipping.
- It could come in a wider range of sizes and fits.
- Is closer to the firmer side of the comfort range.
Sleep on Latex Pure Green
Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 9 in | Material: 100% Natural Latex | Warranty: 10 years (read more here)
This mattress is 100% free of any synthetics or any poly foam. Its organic material and its strong base make for a sturdy and durable mattress, with a strong firm rating and a great base on which to enjoy your nightly sleep.
It has longevity, which is important, while also having great adjustability as it slowly adapts to your body shape to create an optimum nightly experience for your spine and your pressure points.
- 100% natural, no poly foam or any synthetics.
- Decent price at only $1000 for a queen size.
- No assembly required.
- Limited sizes available.
Latex for Less
Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 9 inches | Weight: 132 pounds | Thickness: Adjustable | Material: Natural Latex/Natural Wool/Organic Cotton | Warranty: 20 years (read more here)
This mattress comes as 90% natural latex, but with a small layer on top of the natural cotton. This combination blends together perfectly, creating a mattress that is soft and enjoyable while not neglecting the importance of protecting you from allergens and the likes.
It is two-sided, so if you ever want to turn it upside down for whatever reason the option is there. It comes not only with organic latex but also natural wool and cotton, meaning the whole mattress is as natural as it comes.
Something you don’t see with other mattresses is the option to order this mattress coming in various heights. The difference may only be a few inches but that option is there and it can make a big difference for some people who have already adapted to sleeping at a certain height off the ground.
- Two-sided so you can always switch sides if you need to.
- Natural wool works as a fire barrier.
- Certified organic cotton.
- Different options for inches of height of the mattress, which is unique.
- Could have provided a wider range of sizes.
Eco Terra Mattress
The Eco Terra mattress is very popular, and there are many things that set this mattress apart from the competition. To find out whether this mattress will be able to meet your needs, read the full review here, including its pros and cons.
- Solid and durable.
- Breathable material.
- Long lifespan
- Firm; not a good choice if you prefer a soft mattress
- Edges aren’t well supported.
Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
1. How long should you keep a latex mattress?
In general, you can use a mattress for several years before you need to replace it. Most high-quality mattresses have a lifespan of 7 to 10 years, depending on several factors. However, latex mattresses can last longer–up to 15 years. And here’s what you can do to extend the lifespan of your mattress.
- Clean your mattress regular to get rid of insects and bacteria that can destroy your mattress.
- Keep your pets out of your bed. They can accidentally destroy your mattress and their body secretions can enhance the growth of bacteria.
- Turn your mattress over once in a while (on average once every six months) so that it wears out evenly with time.
- Purchase a mattress topper. It can absorb sweat, which can drip into your mattress and cause it to wear out.
- When purchasing your mattress, consider getting a mattress protector, too. A mattress protector consists of a waterproof material that will keep your mattress dry by protecting it from spills. Additionally, it can keep it free from fungi that grow in the presence of moisture.
2. Is latex foam hot to sleep on?
No, this is a common misconception. People confuse latex with memory foam and assume that sleeping on a latex mattress feels hot. In fact, a latex mattress allows a better circulation of air when compared with other mattress types.
Latex mattresses are built such that their structure promotes airflow and offers better ventilation. Here’s how:
3. What brands sell natural latex mattresses?
Some people prefer natural over latex mattresses mainly because natural mattresses are eco-friendly. But natural mattresses come with a price tag and even those that are reasonably priced cost no less than $2000.
To decrease cost, some manufacturers make their latex mattresses partly synthetic. However, there’re some companies that prefer to make their mattresses 100% natural latex. Here’s a list of companies that make their latex mattresses 100% natural:
- My Green Mattress
- Brentwood Home Cedar
Overall, latex mattresses are a great option if you’re looking for a good night’s sleep. Additionally, a latex mattress is a great investment in that you’ll be buying a product that won’t wear out just within a few years. Therefore, if you’re looking for a durable mattress, one of the products on this list can definitely meet your needs.