Product: Power 4 Slim Kit
Retail price: SR 685 (price might vary depending on the market)
Where to purchase: From a local distributor (or representative) in your area. (My spouse signed up as a distributor and that’s how I was able to purchase the products.)
Product overview: The P4 Slim Kit comes as a package consisting of 4 products (including Shake Off Phyto Fiber, Red Yeast Coffee, Ginseng Coffee, and Splina Liquid Chlorophyll) and a tumbler.
These were one of the first products that I used in an attempt to lose weight. Unfortunately, I started out poorly like many of you out there. I thought it was enough for me to consume Red Yeast Coffee and CoCollagen to lose weight.
After several months of consuming these two products, I thought I should also try Splina Liquid Chlorophyll and Shake-off Phyto Fibre. I took Shake-off Phyto Fibre for 1 week and Splina Liquid Chlorophyll for close to 3 weeks and after noticing that I wasn’t losing weight, I finally gave up.
Now the truth is, many of us make mistakes when it comes to following a weight loss regimen. Indeed, Edmark has a program called the Power 4 Healthy Slimming Program, which you have to follow to achieve effective weight loss and maintain your weight. The video below describes the 4-step approach toward slimming and overall fitness with the Power 4 Healthy Slimming Program.
It wasn’t until I learned about the program and tried it that I started seeing results. Below I describe what you should expect when you’re taking these products and also rate the product (based on my experience).
Shake Off Phyto Fiber
This is a colon cleanser that you have to take every day for 7 days when you start the program.
- The new Shake Off Phyto Fiber tastes much better than the former one. It has a rich lemon taste compared with the previous one, which tasted like straw.
- I typically experienced the effects of the product (loose bowel movement) at least 8 hours after taking it. Don’t worry, you won’t become dehydrated, as the effect lasts less than half an hour.
- If you hate having abdominal cramps, watch out. Shake Off Phyto Fiber can really shake your tummy nuts when it starts flushing out the contents of your colon.
- You have to mix the powder with water and drink the mixture immediately as directed or you’ll end up with a thick paste that looks like baby poop if you accidentally forget your drink. Happened to me twice when I was distracted by my kids.
Shake Off Phyto Fiber actually cleanses your colon, but the abdominal cramping that accompanies the process makes me give it 3 out of 5 stars.
Red Yeast Coffee & Ginseng Coffee
- Needless to repeat the health benefits of coffee, which have been reported in several studies. Red Yeast & Ginseng coffee are both rich in anti-oxidants.
- Both products don’t contain sugar, which is a plus since this is one the things that you should ditch from your diet if you want to maintain your weight in the long-term.
- They taste ‘fabulicious’. Just the aroma makes you want to take more the moment you empty your cup.
- None except that they are a little pricey for the average income earner. If you have to consume these products as recommended in the P4 Healthy Slimming Program, one packet of either Red Yeast Coffee or Ginseng Coffee won’t last more than 2 weeks.
These two get a 5 out of 5 because of their rich taste and flavor (besides their nutritional benefit).
Splina Liquid Chlorophyll
This is a thick greenish liquid that comes in a plastic 500 mL bottle.
- It is a rich source of anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
- It doesn’t contain sugar.
- It tastes really horrible (my opinion). In fact, there were times I wished I could skip this after meals.
I gave this 3 on 5 because of the bad aftertaste. In fact, there’re other sources of anti-oxidants that taste better and I wish this didn’t have to be part of the slimming program.
This is a rich drink meant to be an energy-booster—the guy who replaces your meals so that you can effectively lose weight without suffering from hunger pangs.
- Apart from its nutritional benefits (low calories, rich in vitamins and proteins), it has a delicious taste. I loved the vanilla way more than the chocolate flavor.
- I tried two flavors and, in my opinion, the chocolate flavor tasted like hemoglobin syrup (seriously!!!).
- I thought MRT Complex was supposed to calm my cravings for food, but while I was taking it, I had several hunger pangs than I could count and had to consume more of the product (than recommended in the program) to calm my rumbling tummy.
- For someone who has gastritis, I wouldn’t recommend this to a gastritis patient. I had more acute gastritis crises during the program, which I associated with MRT Complex. The product itself doesn’t cause gastritis, but I don’t think it can replace meals since I got hungry less than 2 hours after consuming the product.
- It’s relatively expensive for the average income earner.
I gave this 3 out of 5 because I didn’t really feel it gave me the energy I needed until my next meal.
The P4 Healthy Slimming Program can actually help you lose weight if you follow their recommendations strictly. I lost 2 Kg after 2 weeks although I sometimes had to eat regular meals (instead of the meal replacement product MRT Complex) when I had acute gastritis. But like everything else, you have to invest a little budget and stay motivated and focused to achieve your goals.
I hope you found this review helpful. If you have any questions about the P4 Healthy Slimming Program or want to share your experience with other readers, you’re welcome to leave a comment below.